The galaxy in the Earthfleet universe consists of numerous different species types with designations that relate closely to species types found on planet Earth. They include the following:
- Avianoid - Bird like, or resembling a bird in any number of characteristics.
- Insectoid - Insect or anthropod like species.
- Humanoid - Those with human like characteristics.
- Mammalian - Those with mammal like qualities, such as cats, dogs, horses, etc.
- Aquanoid - Fish or aquatic like species. Includes aquatic invertebrates.
- Reptoid - Reptile like species.
- Xenopoid - Anything else that does not fit into the above categories.
Know examples of these races from the Earthfleet book series include the Yettish (mammalian, yeti like), the Angalorians (mammalian, anthropomorphic, wolf like), the Trepedor (avianoid, similar to a crane), the Tragarians (mammalian, anthropomorphic, tiger like), the Varnok (aquanoid, fish like, semi-anthropomorphic), the Gayik'Von (reptoid, anthropomorphic, gecko like), the Yandians (mammalian, anthropomorphic, cat like), the Gadal (mammalian, semi-anthropomorphic, rabbit like), the Pront (humanoid), the G'Fondo'Nah (avianoid, resembles a cross between an ostrich and a duck), the Benoi (xenopoid, living energy), and the Garc (insectoid, looks like a gigantic pill bug).